Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hey cool cats and kittens!

This is my first time, ever, blogging, so I figured I would start with a little about me, why I'm blogging, what I want this blog to be about...ect.

First of all, what my blog title means and why it's relevant to me...
This quote means so much to me. Ever since I left my last, of many, unhappy relationship, I decided that I wouldn't compromise who I am for anyone ever again. It was kind of like coming out of a closet, in a way; not that I'm homosexual, just that I was hiding for a very long time. I was a bit of a people pleaser, I was convinced that I could be someone who everyone liked, I could be someone who made everyone happy, all day, all the time. And it was exhausting!  And in the end, they were happy, but I wasn't, and I realized that eventually I would revert back to just being myself, I would leave the closet door open just a crack, and some of myself would fall out, and they would be angry. They would say things like "Why are you acting like that? Just be yourself!" But what they meant was "Be the you who pleases me, be the person I think you should be, be unhappy!" So I stopped, and it was the hardest thing to do, but in the end I am so much happier. I became a butterfly, and I eventually had to stop talking to some of the caterpillars in my life, because they were bringing me down, they weren't happy for me, they wanted me to go back to crawling around in the muck with them...But I Had Wings.
So a little about me:
 
 
I feel like we live in a society of falsehood, of people hiding, and lying, and tip-toeing around so we don't offend someone, or more often, people just keeping things to themselves, because they are terrified of confrontation, I know this because I was one of those people. I was so afraid of confrontation that my heart would race, my palms would sweat, my head would pound, just at the thought of having to argue with someone. I was completely chicken-shit, and I had done it to myself, so during my coming out, I threw away my filters and started saying exactly what I meant. And some people hated it, but more people loved it. And now it's just who I am, people say "Oh, that's just Em, she has no filters." No I don't.
So yeah, that's me, just here, being me, and to all of those who don't like me for who I am, that's fine, I never needed your approval in the first place. I am done lying, I am done being anything but who I am.
I am also a lover of the 50's and anything pin up, fashion, make up, hairstyles, photography...So be prepared for a whole lot of vintage love coming your way.
 

 
 
Why I decided to blog, and what I want this blog to be about:

 
Do you ever feel full, like if you don't just write, or sing, or dance, or paint, or craft, or run, or skip, or cartwheel...you'll just overflow and freak out everywhere? That is why I am blogging, I feel like I'm ready to overflow. I just wanted an outlet, something that could be mine, that I could share, that might change someone's day, or inspire them, or uplift them, or make them laugh, or make them cry, or make them feel exactly like I'm feeling, right in that moment. That's what writing is to me, it's reaching across infinite space, and grabbing your hand, and showing you things I couldn't show anyone normally, and then at the end of it, neither of us are alone. We are completely together, in these words, and that is passion. I don't really know what to expect from this blog, it might be ranting about injustice, it might be poems about lost love, it might be me talking about my love of the 50's and everything pin up, it might be jokes and sarcasm, but I can promise you this, it will be completely, 100 proof, me. 


 

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I don't "put it ALL out there" because of either my job, family members, certain friends etc, that would turn into way more complications than it would be worth. I figure one day I will just explode with random things and all will be exposed....Granted, the world will then most likely start spinning in the opposite direction, but I will feel a hundred times lighter! Rock On : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming that I know you personally, though I'm not exactly sure who you are...From viewing your other comment I think I have some inkling...You know me well enough to make reference to my smoking habit, but haven't seen me recently enough to know I quit...and I'm assuming you followed the link from my Facebook...So, mysterious girl behind the curtain, want to give me a hint?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you hadn't quit the other week, when I saw you crossing the intersection on GOG....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...no probably not, or that might have been one of the times I un-quit before re-quitting. We are the on-again/off-again couple of the century, me and cigarettes.

      Delete