Monday, May 19, 2014

You Lose...

The way
I went out of my way
to make this easier for you,
all the hoops that I jumped through,
and all for nothing.
Because I just
couldn't fathom,
that while I sat there
feeling blessed,
you felt trapped,
deceived, depressed.
No, I never
would have guessed,
by the look in your eyes,
wrapped up in
your pretty lies,
that you were such a chicken shit.
You make me sick
and at the end of the day,
you don't get to pick
and choose,
how this all works out,
for you,
when it comes down to it,
you lose,
every time.
You don't get to be confused,
or keep me waiting,
wondering, debating,
on whether you might come around,
to the simple realization,
that its not entirely,
about you!
I didn't take your choice away,
make you leave
or make you stay,
so the blame is all on you.
And when you start to rethink this,
and think of all the life
you'll miss,
every single good night kiss,
just remember my promise,
it will be like I never existed.


And when it comes to me,
don't you worry,
cause you're free,
And I am doing fine.
You cannot have
what's mine,
you cannot change
your mind.
So,
don't come looking
for a chance,
for a family,
for romance,
because I wont be missing you.
I will hold my head up high,
and my loved ones,
by my side,
and we'll all say,
"I thought he died..."
No, I don't need
your last name,
your falsehoods,
your pain,
your shame,
This is not a game.
And a couple years
from now,
when you realize,
you're a coward,
well it's gonna be too late.
And when people ask me how,
I'm just gonna tell them
Fate
and I will stand my ground,
no I don't,
need you around.


I bet your mother's proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment